Le Petit Bedon, Daikanyama ル・プティ・ブドン 代官山

This "underground" French restaurant has been going for about ten years and it's easy to see why. The food and service are superb and this is a great place for a business lunch. Watch out though as the price of the set menu is deceptive. We were offered an amazing cheese plate but it added a few thousand yen to the bill! Still worth trying especially where you need to impress without being overly pretentious. They also have a theme night featuring a different style of wine each month.

Update: I have now tried Le Petit Bedon for dinner. My dining partner and I took the 12,000 yen tasting menu and wow! The dinner comprised of an amuse gueule of a baby tomato in jelly, a "pyramid" of scallop with wasabi ice cream, sauted foie gras with herbs and baked apple, a scampi and pistou pie with crustacean sauce, sea bream with a light yuzu sauce, slow cooked beef cheek, cheeses and a fondant chocolat to finish. Everything was amazing, and I was so full by the end of the meal my tummy hurt! I walked all the way home to my place near Hiroo to ease the guilt. I highly recommend this place. The service is formal but not stuck up, the food is excellent and the prices are at least about 30% lower than what you would expect to pay at one of the better known and fancier establishments in Tokyo.

http://www.pachon.co.jp/eng/petit_bedon/indexnew.html
Tel: 03-5457-0086

Comments

Popular Posts